What’s The Difference Between Real Estate Professionals?

There are many different positions within the real estate industry and sometimes all of the different titles can get confusing. There are many real estate agents who see to have a lot of certifications behind their names and there is a chance that you have no idea of what any of that means or if it’s actually something that is important at all. No matter what they label themselves as, in the end, they are all just licensed in some way to sell real estate.

While there are a lot of similarities between the different titles, there are a lot of differences as well. While all real estate brokers can be a real estate agent, not all real estate agents can act as brokers unless they are licensed to do so. For an agent to give their clients advice, they must have a real estate license. There are a lot of different titles and it’s important to know what the differences and similarities are between an agent and a real estate broker massapequa ny.

Real Estate Agent

Real estate agents are licensed to sell a property. They are not brokers and legally must work for a broker as they cannot work as an independent agent. A broker is held responsible for the actions of the agents that work for them. There are different requirements for each level of real estate professionals. Most of the time, agents must be at least 18 years of age and have had completed a certain amount of required courses.

Real Estate Broker

A broker requires more training and education about real estate than an agent in general, but this isn’t always the case. The requirements are similar across most states, but there are differences. Unlike an agent, a broker is allowed to work independently instead of under another broker. In most states, a 4-year degree is required in order to become a real estate broker. In some cases, you can have a certain number of years of real estate experience if you do not have a degree as long as you have completed the required courses in real estate.

While a broker can work alone, some choose to work for a brokerage firm or another broker. This type of professional is known as an associate broker. They usually play a percentage of each transaction to the broker that is employing them or a flat fee.

In the end, it is up to you to decide what type of professional to do with when buying or selling a property. While a real estate agent may not be able to do certain things for you, they will be connected to a broker who is able to. No matter what type of professional you choose to work with, it’s important to find someone that is willing to work with you in a professional way that you are comfortable with. Buying or selling property is one of the biggest financial transactions you will ever make and it’s important to feel like you are making the right decisions.